[OmniOS-discuss] Bloody // mailwrapper & mta mediator

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Thu Nov 5 20:40:01 UTC 2015

> On Nov 5, 2015, at 3:30 PM, Paul B. Henson <henson at acm.org> wrote:
>

> I'd prefer Sendmail not be installed by default, but I could live with the
> ability to remove it.

That's what happened.

> Maybe we should characterize it less as "anti-sendmail", and more as
> "pro-modern MTA whose configuration is not written in hieroglyphics" :).

Fair enough.

Next update of 016 (and first release of 017 bloody) will have sendmail set to dependency=group.  It'll install, but if you "pkg uninstall sendmail" just once it'll stay uninstalled throughout future updates.  (Will need to be uninstalled on your non-global zones as well.)