[OmniOS-discuss] stable combinations of OmniOS 151014 andNFS to ESXi and state of open-vm tools (vmxnet3)

Tim Rice tim at multitalents.net
Mon Nov 9 06:18:11 UTC 2015

Hi Günther,

On Tue, 11 Aug 2015, Günther Alka wrote:

> In my own setups, I use OmniOS 151014 (initial release) with NFS to ESXi 5.5U2 which is very stable with vmxnet3 and e1000 (original VMware tools)
> In the last time I got several mails about problems on some configurations
>
> Stable configurations
> 5.5U2 + OmniOS 151014  (April)
> 6.00b + OmniOS 151014  (April)
>
> problems with
> 5.5U2 + OmniOS 151014  (July)
> 6.0 initial release + NFS
> 6.00b + OmniOS 151014  (July)
>
> example
> http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1041787564&postcount=6873 <http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1041787564&postcount=6873>
>

> Are there others experiencing problems or stabiliy on these combinations?

Running ESXi 5.5U3 here.
Tonight on a r151014 (omnios-f090f73) VM using vmxnet3 nics, I updated
the vmware-tools from version 9.4.12 to 9.4.15. NFS performance between
the OmniOS NFS server and a Centos 5 NFS client dropped 2 orders of magnatude.
Reinstalling 9.4.12 made the system happy again.
Sorry I don't have time to dig deeper right now.

--
Tim Rice				Multitalents
tim at multitalents.net