[OmniOS-discuss] and now what ... getting back to the gate

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Tue Nov 10 23:26:53 UTC 2015

10 ноября 2015 г. 21:54:27 CET, Dan McDonald <danmcd at omniti.com> пишет:

>> On Nov 10, 2015, at 2:42 PM, Richard PALO <richard at netbsd.org> wrote:
>>

>> and go for it
>>> richard at omnis:/home/richard$ LANG=C pfexec pkg update -v --be-name
>b151017-20151110
>>> No updates available for this image.
>>
>> dang, what's up?
>
>I usually retarget the omnios publisher itself, but what you did SHOULD
>work.
>
>If you specify a package, assuming you want entire... run "pkg update"
>specifying entire.
>
>	... pkg update -v --be-name .... entire
>
>and see why pkg(5) is not letting you.  Or select a series of packages
>with timestamps from on-nightly, and specify those, seeing why pkg(5)
>won't let you.
>
>And why didn't you just try the /opt/onbld/bin/onu command?
>
>Dan

I believe specifying package FMRI including @version can help install the specific package and whatever it wants. Also you may be well served with full fmri's including the publisher name. Helps me when switching between local and upstream builds, though lately on smaller scale (bits of userspace getting upstreamed).

Jim
--
Typos courtesy of K-9 Mail on my Samsung Android