[OmniOS-discuss] Can't get OmniOS to see LSI 1068e on SuperMicro X8DTL-3F

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Tue Nov 17 20:14:49 UTC 2015

> On Nov 17, 2015, at 2:57 PM, Brian Hechinger <wonko at 4amlunch.net> wrote:
>
> Installed r151016, but…
>
> root at basket1:/root# prtconf -d | grep Samsung
>            pci144d,a801 (pciex144d,a802) [Samsung Electronics Co Ltd unknown device] (driver not attached)
>            pci144d,a801 (pciex144d,a802) [Samsung Electronics Co Ltd unknown device] (driver not attached)

Please share "prtconf -v"?  Also...

	https://pci-ids.ucw.cz/read/PC/144d/a800

I have no idea if this is an NVMe or not.  The "prtconf -v" will show aliases, which may or may not provide more information.

I wonder if it's beyond NVMe 1.0?  Perhaps...

Also, I wonder if a PCI Class entry needs to land in /etc/driver_aliases?  I found this:

	https://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2015/09/msg00167.html

Suggesting that MAYBE we need this in /etc/driver_aliases:

	nvme "pciclass,010802"

You should mention this on the illumos developer list.  You also COULD put that entry in by hand, reboot, and see THEN if it pops up as a device?