[OmniOS-discuss] mixing 512B and 4K disks in vdev

Michael Rasmussen mir at miras.org
Thu Nov 19 18:22:26 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I have to replace a HDD disk in a mirrored vdev which is using ashift=9.
The problem is that all new HDD's is 4K disks so I wonder if anyone has
made some performance measurements of using a 4K disk with ashift=9 in
contrast to the obvious ashift=12?

As I understand it you cannot detach a vdev from a pool so it is not
possible to replace both disks with 4K disks. How do you handle a
situation like this?

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org
/usr/games/fortune -es says:
"It doesn't much signify whom one marries for one is sure to find out
next morning it was someone else."
		-- Rogers