[OmniOS-discuss] A small gotcha with switching the ssh & openssh packages in OmniOS

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Thu Nov 19 20:45:19 UTC 2015

Using PAM allows openssh to do username/password-based authentication
against a Kerberos realm, but it does not allow actual Kerberos
authentication (ie, ticket based, without passwords). If that's all you
need, there is no requirement for actual Kerberos/GSSAPI support in openssh
itself, but if you want to do real Kerberos (ticket based authentication,
TGT forwarding, etc), you still need it.