[OmniOS-discuss] Bloody // mailwrapper & mta mediator

Andy Fiddaman omnios at citrus-it.net
Fri Nov 20 13:15:56 UTC 2015

On Thu, 5 Nov 2015, Dan McDonald wrote:
;
; Next update of 016 (and first release of 017 bloody) will have sendmail set to dependency=group.  It'll install, but if you "pkg uninstall sendmail" just once it'll stay uninstalled throughout future updates.  (Will need to be uninstalled on your non-global zones as well.)

Thanks for this Dan, we've now finished upgrading all of our servers to
016 with no issues encountered. The 'avoid' we already have in place for the
sendmail package worked fine with this change.

Andy

Citrus IT Limited | +44 (0)870 199 8000 | enquiries at citrus-it.co.uk
Rock House Farm | Green Moor | Wortley | Sheffield | S35 7DQ
Registered in England and Wales | Company number 4899123