[OmniOS-discuss] OmniOS r151016 is now out!

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Fri Nov 20 20:54:11 UTC 2015

I encountered an additional issue with OpenSSH.  The issues related to
updating to OpenSSH 7.0+ are described at
http://www.openssh.com/legacy.html.  The problem I ran into was that
existing user keys of type 'ssh-dss' are not accepted.  The
work-around offered on that page (a client setting) is useless since
the problem is on the server side.

I just achieved success using this additional setting in sshd_config:

# Public keys of type ssh-dss are now considered to be insecure
PubkeyAcceptedKeyTypes +ssh-dss

Since ssh-dss keys are now considered insecure, it is necessary for
users to provide keys of an accepted type in authorized_keys, with an
associated private key.  Once users have been accounted for, this
option should be disabled.  I notice that ssh-rsa is still in the list
of accepted types.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn