[OmniOS-discuss] Migrate from OpenIndiana to OmniOS

Lawrence Giam paladinemishakal at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 11:26:04 UTC 2015

Hi All,

I have to upgrade one of my live server which is running OpenIndiana 151a7
to OmniOS R151014. This server is doing nightly replication from another
OmniOS server.

I want to know if I do the following is the recommended way:
1. export the data pool
2. then run the OmniOS LiveCD and install OmniOS over the old OS
3. reboot into the new OS and import back the data pool.
4. re-setup the ssh key and check and monitor if the replication works.

Will there be any steps that I may miss out?

Thanks & Regards.