[OmniOS-discuss] Unable to boot r151014 USB installation media; difference between ISO and USB files?

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Mon Oct 5 14:04:32 UTC 2015

> On Oct 4, 2015, at 8:35 PM, Marcus Marinelli <marcus at plumdev.com> wrote:
>
> Can anyone (Dan? :)) help shed some light on what I might be doing wrong here with the USB installation media?

It is possible there's a problem in distro_const(1M) when it comes to the USB media.

What's concerning, however is this:

> At this point, I thought maybe something was wrong with the r151014 USB installation media, so I downloaded r151012, r151010, r151006 and r151004's USB installation files. Flashed them all (in sequence, working backwards) to a real USB stick and experienced the same problem on all of them.

Another user recently had a problem with USB, but it turned out it was a bad USB drive on his end.  Please make sure.  Also, and this may be a documentation error, are you writing to the right disk device?