[OmniOS-discuss] big zfs storage?

Mick Burns bmx1955 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 15:14:57 UTC 2015

Thanks everyone who answered, very insightful.

What scares me the most is hearing about the panics and FMA not having
time to react at all, and also stories of sub-optimal multi hot-spare
kicking into action like described by Chip.  Recipe for disaster.
I guess this is an area where Nexenta has worked hard in implementing
their own graceful handling of various tested failure scenarios.
However you're covered if and only if you have a system conforming to
their HCL.
This goes in-line with what Chris has implemented where he works;
very customized to their environment and policies.