[OmniOS-discuss] ILB memory leak?

Al Slater al.slater at scluk.com
Wed Oct 21 10:08:55 UTC 2015

Hi,

I am running omnios r151014 on a couple of machines with a couple of
zones each.  1 zone runs apache as an SSL reverse proxy, the other runs
ILB for load balancing web to app tier connections.

I noticed that in the ILB zone, the ilbd process memory grows to about
2Gb.   Restarting ILB releases the memory, and then the memory usage
gradually increases again, with each memory increase approximately 2 *
the size of the previous one.  I run a cronjob twice a day ( 8am and
8pm) which restarts the ilb service and releases the memory.

A graph of memory usage is available at
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zaz51apxslnivlq/ILB_Memory_2_days.png?dl=0

There are currently 62 rules in the load balancer, with a total of 664
server/port pairs.

Is there anything I can provide that would help track this down?

--
Al Slater