[OmniOS-discuss] OmniOS backup box hanging regularly

Lauri Tirkkonen lotheac at iki.fi
Fri Oct 23 17:10:47 UTC 2015

On Fri, Oct 23 2015 18:54:27 +0200, Jim Klimov wrote:
> 23 октября 2015 г. 11:23:28 CEST, Jim Klimov <jim at cos.ru> пишет:
> >So at the moment it seems there is some issue with zfs-auto-snapshots
> >on OmniOS that I haven't seen in SXCE, OI nor Hipster. Possibly I had
> >different implementations of the service in these different OSes (shell
> >vs python, and all that at different versions).

I highly recommend znapzend for automatic snapshotting. We used to use
an implementation called zfs-auto-snapshot (I wonder how many there are
:) in the past but it was doing dumb things like listing all existing
snapshots quite frequently, and that ate up memory.
http://www.znapzend.org/

--
Lauri Tirkkonen | lotheac @ IRCnet