[OmniOS-discuss] LTS r151014 installation issue from USB stick

Krzysztof Grzempa grzempek at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 15:50:51 UTC 2016

>Read this thread:
> http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=2170&title=
n3700itx-usb-problems
<http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=2170&title=n3700itx-usb-problems>

Nah, I read it already. Despite the fact that this motherboard sucks with
usb support generally, the case you are refering to is someone has one usb3
working fine and he is expanding this with usb3 hub. For me none of ports
works (including usb2) because illumos doesn't support it. Strangly Debian
support it, (from many usb linux i tried), so somehow linux is capable to
manage this crap.
But i want OmniOS, so i will buy PCIE 2.0 usb card and hopefully it will
work

I found this:

http://www.znak.pl/index.php?cid=18&scid=1496&prid=kontUSB20Del89135

Anyone has any objections with this helping me out boot OmniOS finally ? :)

Regards,
Krzysztof