[OmniOS-discuss] LTS r151014 installation issue from USB stick

Eric Sproul eric.sproul at circonus.com
Fri Aug 5 16:21:59 UTC 2016

On Fri, Aug 5, 2016 at 12:14 PM, Krzysztof Grzempa <grzempek at gmail.com> wrote:
> Right, probably it is my case too. (lshw showed me xHCI bus on Debian).
> Will this PCIE usb2.0 card work for me then ?
> I'm lack of knowledge if PCIE usb card use UCHI/EHCI or XHCI.

If the card as advertised as USB 3.0 then it will be xHCI.  Only a
card which is genuinely only USB 2.0/1.1 will work.  Even then, you
might not be able to use, say, a USB keyboard in the BIOS when the
keyboard is in the offboard card. That's the annoying thing in my
setup-- if I want to interact with the BIOS, the keyboard must be in
an onboard, xHCI port.  But when we get to the OS, it must be in the
offboard card for it to work.

Eric