[OmniOS-discuss] LX for OmniOS update

Michael Rasmussen mir at miras.org
Wed Aug 10 18:16:00 UTC 2016

Hi Dan,

On Tue, 9 Aug 2016 18:49:20 -0400
Dan McDonald <danmcd at omniti.com> wrote:

> Can't use Linux network configuration.  Use /native/sbin/ipadm and /native/sbin/route.  (You will also need to add those to some sort of boot script in-zone for now.)
>
> 	/native/sbin/ipadm create-addr -t -T static -a <addr>/<prefix> lx0/v4

Been thinking about this and I have a suggestion.
1) The lx_install script could be extended with an option to specify
guest OS
2) A number of prepared templates for each supported guest OS is created
3) According to the specified guest OS, given it is supported, the
matching template is used to tailor a boot script in the top zone
folder with the needed configuration for network, route, and resolv.conf
4) When the command to boot the zone is called prior to booting the
zone this boot script is read to populate network, route, and
resolv.conf in the guest OS. This can later be extended to other guest
OS specific configuration

The top zone folder will look like this:
lx_zone---

         ---  dev (folder)

         ---  root (folder)

         ---  boot.ini

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org
/usr/games/fortune -es says:
To fear love is to fear life, and those who fear life are already three
parts dead.
		-- Bertrand Russell