[OmniOS-discuss] LX for OmniOS update

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Fri Aug 12 15:45:26 UTC 2016

For relative-progress testing, make sure you compare your docker tarballs against a Joyent image of the same release.

At least some of the boot errors are both in SmartOS boots of Joyent images (which they support and are at least okay enough with to support), and with the OmniOS version.

This is all still a long way off from being ready for prime time.  I'm doing a lot of code-cleanup (some of which I hope to give to Joyent) so I can place LX support into the mainline "master" branch of illumos-omnios in time for r151020.  I appreciate hearing about these experiments, even if I can't act upon them all immediately.  I like the idea of having some other flag for "zoneadm install" to eat docker tarballs.

Thanks!