[OmniOS-discuss] LX for OmniOS update

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Fri Aug 12 16:20:03 UTC 2016

12 августа 2016 г. 17:46:29 CEST, Dan McDonald <danmcd at omniti.com> пишет:
>Also, do you have this fix in place?
>
>commit f35040a7b2d3acea4f879afbc7ae4d8bfa09b575
>Author: Dan McDonald <danmcd at omniti.com>
>Date:   Mon Aug 8 17:17:31 2016 -0400
>
>systemd kool-aid drinkers (e.g. Ubuntu 16) need proc_clock_highres
>privileges
>

>Dan

I can only guess :-) I installed the LX publisher as 'omnios' into another BE, ran `pkg update` and `pkg install brand/lx` there, all today. So if you have this patch built and published - should be here :-)

Also, FWIW, our images are not Dockers to the best of my knowledge (i confess i didn't well "get" docker and why it is needed when containers and zones are around already). At least, we had a target, recipe and custom scripts to build docker, and dropped them to simplify the project.

These OS images we have are just alternate roots with preinstalled packages, tarred on a buildhost and untarred into a location of preconfigured LXC container on a workstation or other deployment, and we run 'virsh start containername' to instantiate it. Or even just 'chroot' into them while developing.

Jim
--
Typos courtesy of K-9 Mail on my Samsung Android