[OmniOS-discuss] LX for OmniOS update

wonko at 4amlunch.net wonko at 4amlunch.net
Sun Aug 14 18:24:31 UTC 2016

>> Approach 2)
>> - This way favors in-house or friendly environment usecases where
>> distributed responsibility is desired.
>> - Greater flexibility for LX zone users
>

> I see where you're going.  "Doing both" requires double the work, but you do make an interesting case for it.

My only concern is collisions. If things are set in both places who wins? That needs to be very well defined or debugging things could be a real pain. :)

Also, regarding not being able to use Linux networking tools to configure things.... Is there a way we can pre-pend a "magic" $PATH entry that can't be removed that has all the tools (iptables, ifconfig, etc) that just print out messages about those things don't work here and use $foo instead?

-brian