[OmniOS-discuss] UPCOMING -- removal of SunSSH from illumos (and OmniOS)

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Wed Aug 17 00:44:57 UTC 2016

I just put back this almost-upstream bugfix into illumos-omnios AND omnios-build just now:

commit 8d83d1e40977d4ef29a5d6d5e324871940995b3c
Author: Dan McDonald <danmcd at omniti.com>
Date:   Mon Aug 15 11:30:50 2016 -0400

    7293 Sun Secure Shell is neither (OmniOS version)

I haven't updated the bloody repo yet, but once I do, AND if you're still using SunSSH, you will not be able to upgrade without forcibly overriding SunSSH.  If you notice the how-to-switch instructions for SunSSH --> OpenSSH here:

	http://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/ReleaseNotes/r151016#Whatsnewinthisrelease

you'll see a chunk of "--reject <package>".  You will NEED to do something close if you "pkg update" to a new version of bloody, and when you update to the next stable (r151020) or even the next LTS (r151022) if you're still using SunSSH.  Here it is, if you're still using SunSSH, "pkg update" will fail unless you utter:

	pkg update --reject pkg:/network/ssh --reject pkg:/network/ssh/ssh-key --reject service/network/ssh --reject service/network/ssh-common

If you're already on OpenSSH, you can proceed as if nothing has changed.

Thanks,