[OmniOS-discuss] ahci and mpt_sas driver timeout settings

Andrew Kinney andykinney at advantagecom.net
Wed Aug 17 21:43:11 UTC 2016

I have several questions (r151014):

1. What timeout, retries, and tick values affect ahci devices and
where/how do I set them so they're honored?

2. What timeout, retries, and tick values affect mpt_sas devices and
where/how do I set them so they're honored?

3. Is there documentation on any of this? If so, where? I'm happy to
RTFM, if only I knew where it was. None of the driver man pages were of
any help and it's not immediately clear from the driver code how (if at
all) this ties in with the sd driver and its related per-device configs
in sd.conf, which is the typically recommended tuning location for these
types of values.

Andrew