[OmniOS-discuss] LDAP external auth for CIFS service

Ian Kaufman ikaufman at eng.ucsd.edu
Thu Aug 18 18:35:21 UTC 2016

In all honesty, the native Solaris LDAP client sucks.

I would investigate installing an OpenLDAP client, or make the system an
OpenLDAP slave to your 389 DS, and have the local client talk to the local
OpenLDAP slave via loopback. That's how we were able to successfully set
things up on our Thors so that they could talk to our OpenLDAP servers.

Ian

On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 11:28 AM, Andries Annema <an3s.annema at gmail.com>
wrote:

> *raises hand*
> Here's another one interested in this matter.
>
> Researched the possibilities about two years ago myself, but eventually
> gave
> up; it didn't seem to be possible.
> Would be awesome if it would be one day, though.
>
> Regards,
> Andries

Ian Kaufman
Research Systems Administrator
UC San Diego, Jacobs School of Engineering ikaufman AT ucsd DOT edu