[OmniOS-discuss] "pkg update" NOW for KVM security fixes!

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Thu Feb 11 20:19:34 UTC 2016

Pardon the top-post folks.  If you're running KVM, ESPECIALLY if it's in your global zone, you should update your KVM packages now.  As Joshua from Joyent points out below, there are several CVEs that are addressed with this update.  Thanks to Joshua for putting these to bed quickly.

"pkg update" is your friend for LTS (r151014) and Stable (r151016).  My own r151014 build machine has a KVM-in-a-zone instance (running OpenIndiana), which seems to work just fine after this update.

If you're not running KVM on OmniOS, don't sweat this.  If you're running KVM on Bloody, expect this as part of a larger update to bloody tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks,
Dan

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> From: "Joshua M. Clulow" <jmc at joyent.com>