[OmniOS-discuss] GZ BE missing libbe:uuid property after Kayak installation --> breakage

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Fri Jul 1 16:50:54 UTC 2016

> On Jul 1, 2016, at 12:43 PM, Volker A. Brandt <vab at bb-c.de> wrote:
>
> Note the "(null)" value for the parent BE... probably a follow-on error
> because there was no uuid in the GZ BE in the first place.
>
> The GZ was installed via Kayak using the vanilla 95eaa7e r151018.zfs.bz2
> and the NGZ was installed with a simple "zoneadm install", no clone or
> anything special.
>
> Do you have any idea?  I am willing to supply further data if you want.

The creation of the Kayak ZFS send stream probably needs to set these properties.  Looking around here:

	https://github.com/omniti-labs/kayak/blob/master/build_zfs_send.sh#L68

that seems the natural place to do it.  If you're feeling ambitious, you can fix this script and see if you can build your own Kayak send stream.  We do consider pull requests in any omniti-labs repo for OmniOS (illumos-omnios, omnios-build, pkg5, kayak).

I'm not able to fix it today, and I'm on vacation starting COB today.  After I get back, I can probably respin media with a fixed version of this in place.