[OmniOS-discuss] GZ BE missing libbe:uuid property after Kayak installation --> breakage

Volker A. Brandt vab at bb-c.de
Fri Jul 1 17:36:42 UTC 2016

Eric Sproul writes:
> On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 1:13 PM, Volker A. Brandt <vab at bb-c.de> wrote:
> > But wouldn't that mean that all instances installed via Kayak have
> > the same uuid?  Not sure I like that... IMHO this should rather go
> > into the actual client installation process somewhere.
>
> Yes, building those properties into the image would be bad. I'd say
> the proper thing would be to either add the necessary commands to the
> ApplyChanges function [1] or make a new function and have it run
> before MakeBootable.

Yes, the install_help.sh is definitely where it should go.  I think it
should be in the BuildBE() shell function somewhere after the "zfs set
mountpoint" line.  I'll try to come up with something.

Regards -- Volker
Volker A. Brandt               Consulting and Support for Oracle Solaris
Am Wiesenpfad 6, 53340 Meckenheim, GERMANY            Email: vab at bb-c.de
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 10513              Schuhgröße: 46
Geschäftsführer: Rainer J.H. Brandt und Volker A. Brandt

"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead"