[OmniOS-discuss] Looking for people with X550 SFP+

Dale Ghent daleg at omniti.com
Wed Jun 8 16:55:34 UTC 2016

Hello,

I'm interested in knowing if any users of OmniOS have hardware that is equipped with a Intel X550 10Gb ethernet chip *with* SFP as the PHY (not base-T). I know SuperMicro at least has some servers on offer with this specific combination, and I'm hoping some enterprising OmniOS users out there might have one already.

If you do have one of these, are able to wire the SFP ports up to a proper switch or directly to another SFP-based 10Gb NIC, and are interested in doing some basic functionality testing of a new ixgbe driver... please contact me off-list.

/dale