[OmniOS-discuss] Error attempting to switch to OpenSSH on r151014 or r151018

Volker A. Brandt vab at bb-c.de
Mon Jun 13 18:34:24 UTC 2016

> On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 1:23 PM, Volker A. Brandt <vab at bb-c.de> wrote:
> > BTW my 151016 system has the file, and SUNWcs is properly installed,
> > but "pkg search /etc/ftpd" or "pkg search /etc/ftpd/ftpusers" do not
> > show any output, even after a "pkg rebuild-index".  Strange.
>
> Paths are relative because packages are relocatable, so I usually
> search for a basename if it's relatively unambiguous.  `pkg search
> ftpusers` should work, and return both a file and a softlink.  Note
> that "basename" is a virtual attribute that doesn't actually appear in
> the pkg manifest, but is synthesized by the client, based on the last
> element of the path value.
>
> This is on my 014 install:
>
> $ pkg search ftpusers
> INDEX      ACTION VALUE             PACKAGE
> basename   file   etc/ftpd/ftpusers pkg:/SUNWcs at 0.5.11-0.151014
> basename   link   etc/ftpusers      pkg:/SUNWcs at 0.5.11-0.151014
>
> Using the full set of search fields also works, though I've never
> understood why I need the '*' at the beginning of the path value:
>
> $ pkg search 'file:path:*etc/ftpd/ftpusers'
> INDEX      ACTION VALUE             PACKAGE
> path       file   etc/ftpd/ftpusers pkg:/SUNWcs at 0.5.11-0.151014

$ uname -a
SunOS nfs 5.11 omnios-33c53a8 i86pc i386 i86pc

$ pkg version
1456488756

$ pkg search etc/ftpd/ftpusers
Exit 1

$ pkg search /etc/ftpd/ftpusers
Exit 1

$ pkg search 'file:path:*etc/ftpd/ftpusers'
Exit 1

$  pkg list -v SUNWcs
FMRI                                                                         IFO
pkg://omnios/SUNWcs@0.5.11-0.151016:20160204T173743Z                         i--

$ pkg contents SUNWcs|grep ftpd
etc/ftpd
etc/ftpd/ftpusers

$ pkg search /etc/default/ftp
INDEX      ACTION VALUE           PACKAGE
path       file   etc/default/ftp pkg:/network/ftp at 0.5.11-0.151016

Beats me.  I'll try this again after I have updated to 151018 in a
few days.

Regards -- Volker
Volker A. Brandt               Consulting and Support for Oracle Solaris
Am Wiesenpfad 6, 53340 Meckenheim, GERMANY            Email: vab at bb-c.de
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 10513              Schuhgröße: 46
Geschäftsführer: Rainer J.H. Brandt und Volker A. Brandt

"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead"