[OmniOS-discuss] Riak on OmniOS

Ryan Zezeski ryan at zinascii.com
Wed Jun 15 14:03:33 UTC 2016

henrikj at henkis.net writes:

> Hi,
>
> Not related directly to OmniOS but to software supported.
>
> Anyone running Riak on OmniOS? Seems lika a good match since basho have recommended ZFS and there are Dtrace probes available. But when talking to basho they say the no longer support OmniOS/illumos/Solaris. Anyone else heard this, should I be worried and be forced to run on Linux with ZoL or god forbid LVM?

Former Basho employee and Riak contributor here.

Riak and OmniOS should get along fine; it's just not a first class
platform for Basho anymore. Anyone who had an interest in illumos-based
operating systems left the company. They don't have the people to
properly field support calls for it.

If you run into issues I'm happy to provide consulting services. OmniTI
should also have the knowledge to do the same.

-Z