[OmniOS-discuss] ZPOOL disk performance on Supermicro with LSI 9300-8i

Stephan Budach stephan.budach at JVM.DE
Thu Jun 23 12:50:55 UTC 2016

Am 23.06.16 um 14:10 schrieb qutic development:
>> Am 23.06.2016 um 01:06 schrieb Josh Barton <Josh.Barton at usurf.usu.edu>:
>>
>> Any ideas why the HP is so much faster? It just has one Smart Array Controller which I didn’t think would be faster than JBOD
> Could you please provide a few more information about the servers? CPU speed, cores, RAM, etc?
>
> OmniOS tuned or all raw installations? All the same OmniOS version?
>
> - Stefan
Smells like caching on the HP…

You could only compare those results, if you'd stuff your LSIs into the
HP as well. A magnitude is quite a lot in that regard. Then, what does
this benchmark actually do? How much of it is CPU bound and how much is
I/O bound? And I know, that the SmartArray often times has quite an
amount of RAM cache on board, especially, if you buy one those bigger
boxes, like a 380.

Cheers,
Stephan