[OmniOS-discuss] header/library mismatch

Peter Tribble peter.tribble at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 15:40:44 UTC 2016

Currently having a minor issue building software.

As mentioned yesterday, I'm building on a slightly older image, so that I
know that any binaries I generate will run on all systems (which are newer).

The snag is that the install media doesn't have the headers. And if I

pkg install system/header

then it installs the latest version in the repo. It doesn't look like there
are any versioned constraints to tie the version of the header package
to the installed libraries.

Specifically, the glob fix #6409 causes problems. Because I end up with
a set of headers that have the fix and a copy of libc that doesn't. But I'm
sure there might be other things lurking.

My workaround is to manually look at the versions of system/library and
specify
the matching version of system/header to install by hand. Is there a better
way?

This isn't helped by the way that pkg(5) goes and does an update if you
utter
'pkg install', rather than just saying 'oh, you're already installed, we're
done'.
At least with the header package I can uninstall it and put the correct one
back, with some other packages I have to roll the system back.

Thanks for any thoughts!

--
-Peter Tribble