[OmniOS-discuss] smb share disappears after changing folder permissions followed by smb/server restart

Дмитрий Глушенок glush at jet.msk.su
Thu Nov 3 13:23:27 UTC 2016

smbd makes it's own privilege set at start:

smbd_daemonize_fini(int fd, int exit_status)
	priv_basicset(pset);

	/* list of privileges for smbd */
	(void) priv_addset(pset, PRIV_NET_MAC_AWARE);
	(void) priv_addset(pset, PRIV_NET_PRIVADDR);
	(void) priv_addset(pset, PRIV_PROC_AUDIT);
	(void) priv_addset(pset, PRIV_SYS_DEVICES);
	(void) priv_addset(pset, PRIV_SYS_SMB);
	(void) priv_addset(pset, PRIV_SYS_MOUNT);

	priv_inverse(pset);

	/* turn off unneeded privileges */
	(void) setppriv(PRIV_OFF, PRIV_EFFECTIVE, pset);

So, SMF context will not work. For now I've set "ppriv && SIGHUP" in a separate service, which is launched just after smbd.

--
Dmitry Glushenok
Jet Infosystems