[OmniOS-discuss] OmniOS r151020 is now out!

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Fri Nov 4 21:41:23 UTC 2016

4 ноября 2016 г. 16:58:45 CET, "PÁSZTOR György" <pasztor at sagv5.gyakg.u-szeged.hu> пишет:
>Hi,
>
>"Dan McDonald" <danmcd at omniti.com> írta 2016-11-04 11:26-kor:
>> NOTE that we froze r151020 prior to the BSD Loader push in
>illumos-gate.  We did so to not delay this release.  This does mean
>that the next release, r151022, which is also the next LTS, will be
>late, and may have other substantial changes.
>
>How big will be that change?
>Can grub still work in 151022,
>or only the BSD Loader will be supported from that point?
>
>Cheers,
>Gyu

Can't speak for OmniOS how they'd integrate the change, but in OI/Hipster the Loader is added as default recently, although with a specially configurable option to still use grub for now. It is expected that grub will be removed roughly in a year, though.

Jim
--
Typos courtesy of K-9 Mail on my Samsung Android