[OmniOS-discuss] [developer] OmniOS r151020 is now out!

Andy Fiddaman omnios at citrus-it.net
Sat Nov 5 11:10:47 UTC 2016

On Fri, 4 Nov 2016, Dan McDonald wrote:
; 	- VIM 8.0

Thanks Dan - we've now upgraded half of our servers without zones on them
without any problems.

One note for anyone who has created their own system-wide vimrc file -
/usr/share/vim/vimrc - vim8 will override options set in there with
the defaults in /usr/share/vim/vim80/defaults.vim. That's a change
in behaviour from earlier vim versions.

To stop the defaults.vim file from being used at all, add this to the system
vimrc:

	let skip_defaults_vim=1

Another solution for anyone who wants to load the system defaults but then
override specific options is the following. In this example I want to
turn off the 'ruler' option for everyone by default but still take
advantage of the defaults.

	# cat /usr/share/vim/vimrc
	unlet! skip_defaults_vim
	source $VIMRUNTIME/defaults.vim
	let skip_defaults_vim=1
	set noruler

Regards,

Andy
Citrus IT Limited | +44 (0)870 199 8000 | enquiries at citrus-it.co.uk
Rock House Farm | Green Moor | Wortley | Sheffield | S35 7DQ
Registered in England and Wales | Company number 4899123