[OmniOS-discuss] OmniOS r151020 is now out!

Olaf Marzocchi lists at marzocchi.net
Sun Nov 6 00:02:39 UTC 2016

On 04/11/2016 16:26, Dan McDonald wrote:
> With SunSSH being end-of-lifed, upgrading to r151020 may be difficult for people still using SunSSH.  There's a new upgrading page one can get to off the Release Notes:
>
> 	https://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/Upgrade_to_r151020

Hi,
I started updating my server, therefore OpenSSH first. After that one I
restarted the server.
I can login with my pass but two factor authentication doesn't work
anymore, I'm never asked for it.

What I did:
I used the sshd_config.new as starting point with these changes:

PasswordAuthentication no
UsePAM yes
#ChallengeResponseAuthentication yes (untouched, it's the default)

I also tried

AuthenticationMethods publickey keyboard-interactive

but it didn't help.

Then I went to pam.conf and did s/sshd-kbdint/sshd/ as written in the
guide. This is what I have now at the very end of said file:

# SSH keyboard interactive, so that keys don't ask for verification code
sshd   auth requisite          pam_authtok_get.so.1
sshd   auth required           pam_dhkeys.so.1
sshd   auth required           pam_google_authenticator.so    nullok
sshd   auth required           pam_unix_cred.so.1
sshd   auth required           pam_unix_auth.so.1

When I login via SSH, I'm not asked for the verification code.
I searched online for similar guides but it looks like I'm doing it
right so I don't know how to proceed. Anyone able to help? thanks

Cheers,
Olaf