[OmniOS-discuss] r151020 zone clone failure

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Fri Nov 11 20:12:57 UTC 2016

> On Nov 10, 2016, at 5:54 PM, Dan McDonald <danmcd at omniti.com> wrote:
>
> Thank you.  This is a lot of useful information. I will dive into this first thing tomorrow.

I may have found the problem, but I need to test it to make sure that by fixing clone I didn't break something else.

If this fix is correct, your bug occurred because I merged something from Joyent w/o fully understanding its consequences to ipkg/lipkg zones.

If you're feeling brave, you're welcome to try the first-cut replacement zoneadmd binary I have.  If you're not, I'll be testing:

	ipkg:	zoneadm {install,ready,boot,halt,boot-from-halt,clone}

	lipkg:	zoneadm {install,ready,boot,halt,boot-from-halt,clone}

	lx:		zoneadm {install,ready,boot,halt,boot-from-halt, (optional clone)}

(BTW, I have "optional clone" for LX because the install method for OmniOS LX has something already like clone.)

Thanks for finding this bug, and sorry for breaking ipkg/lipkg cloning,