[OmniOS-discuss] no saproc in java.library.path

Peter Tribble peter.tribble at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 19:22:02 UTC 2016

Dan,

How did you get openjdk8 to compile on OmniOS?  We thought about moving off
> of openjdk7, but had Real Problems (TM) making it happen.  Did you
> bootstrap with an Oracle binary?

So the following should work. Apart from the beefit in OmniOS having a
current
JDK, I wanted to be sure we could build from scratch just in case the Oracle
binaries stopped working for any reason.

This is on a vanilla r151014, updated to current. I'm Primary Administrator
and have
a private copy of Studio 12u1 under $HOME, so the java bootstrap is the
java7 that
ships with omnios.

To get the sources:

wget http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk8u/jdk8u/archive/jdk8u112-b15.tar.bz2
foreach file ( corba hotspot jaxp jaxws langtools jdk nashorn )
wget
http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk8u/jdk8u/${file}/archive/jdk8u112-b15.tar.bz2
-O ${file}-jdk8u112-b15.tar.bz2
end
bzcat jdk8u112-b15.tar.bz2 | tar xf -
mv jdk8u-jdk8u112-b15 openjdk8u112
foreach file ( corba hotspot jaxp jaxws langtools jdk nashorn )
bzcat ${file}-jdk8u112-b15.tar.bz2 | tar xf -
mv ${file}-jdk8u112-b15 openjdk8u112/$file
end

Install the 64-bit pkgsrc bootstrap
https://pkgsrc.joyent.com/install-on-illumos/

Install appropriate pkgsrc and omnios packages.
There was a little trial and error to get this list...

pfexec pkg install developer/build/gnu-make system/header
system/header/header-audio developer/macro/cpp developer/object-file
developer/gnu-binutils

pfexec /opt/local/bin/pkgin -y update
pfexec /opt/local/bin/pkgin -y install libX11 libXrender renderproto
libXext libXtst libXt xproto xextproto inputproto kbproto cups freetype2

Fix up some errant stupidities:

pfexec mv /usr/bin/gobjcopy /usr/bin/not-gobjcopy-honestly
pfexec ln -s /opt/local/include/X11 /usr/include
pfexec ln -s /opt/local/lib/libX11.so* /usr/lib/amd64
pfexec ln -s /opt/local/lib/libXext.so* /usr/lib/amd64
pfexec ln -s /opt/local/lib/libXrender.so* /usr/lib/amd64

[Note: the gobjcopy thing is the only true magic here. You don't need the
X11
symlinks for configure, but the build will fail as it doesn't seem to pass
along the
locations of the X11 libs and includes correctly.]

cd to the openjdk8u112 directory from your download.

env PATH=${HOME}/sunstudio12.1/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin bash ./configure
--with-milestone=fcs --with-update-version=112 --with-build-number=b15
--enable-unlimited-crypto --x-includes=/opt/local/include
--x-libraries=/opt/local/lib --with-cups=/opt/local
--with-freetype-include=/opt/local/include/freetype2
--with-freetype-lib=/opt/local/lib

env PATH=${HOME}/sunstudio12.1/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin gmake all

and the built image is in

build/solaris-x86_64-normal-server-release/images/j2sdk-image

Then there's a little tinkering with sunpkcs11-solaris.cfg, and you'll need
a full copy of cacerts, but otherwise you should be good to go.

--
-Peter Tribble