[OmniOS-discuss] no saproc in java.library.path

Peter Tribble peter.tribble at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 20:48:46 UTC 2016

On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 8:30 PM, Dan McDonald <danmcd at omniti.com> wrote:

> > On Nov 18, 2016, at 2:22 PM, Peter Tribble <peter.tribble at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > a private copy of Studio 12u1 under $HOME, so the java bootstrap is the
> java7 that
> > ships with omnios.
> >

> Will the Studio 12.1 that OSol was allowed to ship with (and is the source
> of lint(1) for illumos builds of all flavors) work?  "Private copy" always
> scares me, as it may not be the one that has the binary license which
> allows us to ship it.

Sorry, I meant to clarify that. My "private" copy is just a tarball of that
same compiler.
If you're using studio12u1 for openjdk7, the exact same one will work for
openjdk8.
Just a lot quicker for me to ship the tarball onto a machine or VM in my
home lab than
burn a huge amount of bandwidth downloading it from the origin every time,
given that
it's pretty big.

--
-Peter Tribble