[OmniOS-discuss] boot environment mounting on /tmp/tmp.x

John Barfield john.barfield at bissinc.com
Wed Nov 30 01:13:59 UTC 2016

Thanks Dan,

One issue…I can’t backup my BE for a like reason.

beadm create omnios-backup2
Unable to create omnios-backup2.
Missing boot menu file.

On 11/29/16, 7:11 PM, "Dan McDonald" <danmcd at omniti.com> wrote:

    > On Nov 29, 2016, at 8:06 PM, John Barfield <john.barfield at bissinc.com> wrote:
    >
    > Hi Dan,
    >
    > I hit a bad key combination and outlook sent me email prematurely.
    >
    > I’d like to update to the latest stable release. The old nfs lockd bug is on my last nerve.

    Oh my... I also just realized something... you're REALLY (r151012) old.  We now require signatures for our packages.

    I'd HIGHLY recommend as an intermediate step updating to r151014 (still the LTS release) first.  Here's the how-to guide which includes rewhacking your package policy:

    https://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/Upgrade_to_r151014#PerformingtheUpgradeallothercasesincludinglipkgifyouwish

    Start there, including that you back up your current be first:

    	beadm create backup-r151012-be

    THEN you can upgrade to the latest stable -- NOTE you have to switch your r151014 from SunSSH to OpenSSH first:

    	https://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/Upgrade_to_r151020