[OmniOS-discuss] using proxmox in a kvm running on napp-it/omnios

Robert Fantini robertfantini at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 01:27:05 UTC 2016

 We use proxmox and  napp-it/omnios zfs iscsi storage  for our 30 KVM' s
and 10 LXC's .

I want to cut down the amount of hardware we use. currently that is 2
storage and 3 pve systems.

 I think it should be possible  to run proxmox with in a kvm running on
omnios . then using local storage shared with iscsi to proxmox.

 I've a couple of quesitons:

 Is there anything wrong with going down that path?

 Is there documentation for setting up a kvm and using an iso file to
install operating system using omnios ?