[OmniOS-discuss] Fwd: NVMe in ESXi-Passthrough crashes

Frank M. info.fmo at gmx.de
Sun Oct 23 01:06:28 UTC 2016

Perhaps my post is here better, because I use OmniOS of course...
...and the next stable OmniOS is in sight...

This is a forwarded message
From: Frank M. <info.fmo at gmx.de>
To: Illumos Discussion <discuss at lists.illumos.org>
Date: Sunday, October 23, 2016, 2:54:16 AM
Subject: NVMe in ESXi-Passthrough crashes

Hi,

I´ve installed the new bloody as a new test virtual machine. The vm
crashes whenever there is a access to the nvme device.
Tests with a "special nvme driver" on the last stable had no problems.
I tested a Samsung SM951 on ESXi 6.0 U2 on a Supermicro X10DRi-T4+.
Tomorrow I will test shortly a Samsung SM961 on another Server (HP).
I hope, you will find a solution until the next stable release...

greets from Germany
Frank

Best regards,
 Frank                            mailto:info.fmo at gmx.de