[OmniOS-discuss] OmniOS (Joined Active Directory & KRB5.Conf + NFS = NFS Disconnects in ESXI on DC Reboot)

Matt Mabis dasaint.blair at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 22:13:36 UTC 2016

It does, i got another email from another member directly that explained
the issue as well, i however did have my router in there and another active
DNS controller and yet it still happened...  The other guy recommended to
get around this eaiser to put the esxi host names in the /etc/hosts file to
ensure that dns was ok....

Funny part is i didnt think it would be DNS as my hosts were using IPs to
connect not DNS names..   My Resolv.conf had the following info and even
tho .15 and .1 were both online as soon as i lost .14 it lost
connectivity... so i think theres still something wonky with the NFS
protocol as it shouldnt have lost connection consistently... it would go up
and down like it was always trying to hit 14 first and lost connection then
found 15 then reconnected... then rechecked at 14 then lost it....

192.168.30.14 - DC1
192.168.30.15 - DC2
192.168.30.1 - Router