[OmniOS-discuss] I would like to create a zfs file system in my zone

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Sun Sep 18 14:44:22 UTC 2016

On Sun, 18 Sep 2016, Richard Skelton wrote:

> Before I install any optional software I would like to create a zfs file
> system and mount it on /opt in the zone.
> How can I do this?

Don't attempt to do this because OmniOS delivers some essential
package content to /opt (e.g. gcc run-time libraries) and you will
encounter booting problems after an upgrade (I was slightly singed by
that).  Default OmniOS has /opt in the boot environment so if you move
it out of the boot environment then the installation will be
inconsistent.

You should be free to mount on mountpoints within /opt.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn