[OmniOS-discuss] Continuing hung-zone problems

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Mon Apr 3 17:59:01 UTC 2017

> On Apr 3, 2017, at 1:40 PM, Bob Friesenhahn <bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us> wrote:
>
> The common theme is always the first message "failed to open console master: Device busy".  The failure to unmount filesystems is new to me.

That could be something from the LX code, but I'm not seeing it in my 020 zones (and I've several of them).

> All of my zones (some of which do not use NFS and have almost every network service disabled) on my two OmniOS systems are equally plagued with this issue.  I know that I am not alone since others have reported that this is happening to them.

I've probably missed out on those mails, but who else has seen this issue (precisely zones taking forever to shutdown)?  I know about the message, but I don't see zones being jammed up on shutdown.

I wonder if it's "init 6" specifically?  I use reboot(1M) command, so it does not go through the inittab(4) sequence.  Now I'm more fascinated to know what process(es) are hanging, because I suspect they arrive via "init 6".