[OmniOS-discuss] Continuing hung-zone problems

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Mon Apr 3 19:38:07 UTC 2017

On Mon, 3 Apr 2017, Dan McDonald wrote:

> This makes me wonder if something happens wrong the first time a
> zcons is created.  I'll try this again on another box I can reboot
> fully if need be.

It seems like an ordering or race condition to me.  It should not be
necessary to reboot the whole system in order to test.  Some
percentage (30%?) of zone shutdowns are afflicted.

It does not seem that you obtained the same initial error message
("failed to open console master: Device busy") that I always do.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn