[OmniOS-discuss] Community help opportunity: packages with parent dependencies

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Wed Apr 5 17:08:36 UTC 2017

Now that linked-image zones don't necessarily update from global without the "-r" flag, we DO need to tag certain packages as "MUST ALWAYS UPGRADE" because they have dependencies on the kernel or other global-zone goodies.

Rich Lowe brought this to my attention a long while back, and now it's time to kick things off with his suggested list:

	http://kebe.com/~danmcd/webrevs/io-parent-deps/

Basically, any lipkg-zone package that MUST be updated when its global-zone version is should be tagged per the ones already in this webrev.

I'll be going through packages myself in both illumos, and in omnios-build (if there are changes there, they will be updated in a repo called "ob-parent-deps").  If anyone wants to help, this is why I started this mail thread.  :)

This is the last piece of development work for this bloody cycle, and once it's done, all I have to do is finish documentation (there will be a lot with this release), find a freeze point for updates from upstream, and make sure omnios-build packages are caught up with their respective upstreams.

Thank you!