[OmniOS-discuss] network configuration script

Frank M. info.fmo at gmx.de
Wed Apr 5 22:43:25 UTC 2017

Hello Michael, hello Dan,

I find your idea great.
Because it´s annoying to do the initial network configuration again
and again in my test-installations I had integrated in my own
OmniOS-ISO the Solaris-vmware-tools and a shellscript for automated
installation. It is not perfect but it works for me...
But it is also annoying to implement this in every new
release-ISO...
It would be great, if you can implement something to ease the setup
for the millions of vmware-omnios users. ;-)
Also your idea to implement for IPoIB is great - I also use IPoIB in
some test-scenarios.

Greets
Frank

--