[OmniOS-discuss] ZeusRAM - predictive failure

Richard Elling richard.elling at richardelling.com
Mon Apr 10 21:49:55 UTC 2017

> On Apr 10, 2017, at 2:39 PM, Machine Man <gearboxes at outlook.com> wrote:
>
> Thank you. I am sending it back to where we purchased it from. I thought these were no longer avail, but the distributor still listed them and had in stock.
> I was hesitant to purchase, but I am in desperate need for a ZIL.

ZeusRAMs have been EOL for a year or more. AIUI, the parts are no longer available to build them.
We do see better performance from the modern, enterprise-class, 12G SAS parts from HGST and Toshiba.
Unfortunately, they are priced by $/GB and not $/latency, so the smaller capacity (GB) drives are also slower.
 — richard