[OmniOS-discuss] Setup problems with newest OmniOS 151021 on ESXi 6.5

Guenther Alka alka at hfg-gmuend.de
Fri Apr 14 10:20:51 UTC 2017

I found a strange behaviour with the newest 151021 when I tried to setup
on ESXi 6.5

I created a new VM (Solaris 11-64)  with a DVD device connected to the
OS .iso.
On first boot of the VM, the ESXi web console crashed completely with a
required reload.

After reload, the VM console shows a
- configuring devices
- ..requesting system maintenance, press ctrl-d to continue

After ctrl-d I was able to select a bootdisk and install OmniOS
After setup, reboot work

A power off/on and the ESXi webconsole crashes again (mostly, not always)

Gea