[OmniOS-discuss] bloody installer system maintenance

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Mon Apr 17 17:09:19 UTC 2017

> On Apr 16, 2017, at 7:37 PM, Jens Bauernfeind <bauernfeind at ipk-gatersleben.de> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> is this normal behaviour?
> r151021-20170405.iso
> Platform: VMware Workstation Player 12.5.5-5234757 on latest CentOS7
> OS: Solaris 11 64bit
> 4GB RAM
> 2 CPU
> 30GB vDisk

I have seen this occasionally.

> i entered the shell after that, but dont know where i have to look for
> log files, /var/adm seems to contain nothing useful.
> the service "console-login" is running, and no service is in maintenance
> state.
> further Installation is straight forward.

By "further installation", do you mean that once you exitted the shell the installer came up?  Yeah, this happened to me in this situation as well.

There's a race between initial-login and login:console that sometimes makes SMF enter this state.  I've not yet figured out how to deterministically reproduce it, but when I do, I can kill it.