[OmniOS-discuss] pkg update fails with ImageNotFoundExeption

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Wed Apr 19 13:12:09 UTC 2017

> On Apr 19, 2017, at 3:19 AM, Paul <paul at subsignal.org> wrote:
>
> I tried to look at /usr/lib/python2.6/vendor-packages/pkg/client/image.py with pdb but I'm missing too much of the bigger picture to make any sense of the errors. It looks like the new BE is created correctly though. Maybe someone knows the steps to manually finish the process? I would like to try the new BE and see if the error persists. Any thoughts?

Check the contents of the new BE's mount directory.  Try this too:

	pkg -R /tmp/<path> publisher

and see what it says.  The dump you show seems to indicate that for some reason IPS doesn't like what's rooted in it.

Do you do anything weird with filesystems that are supposed to be within the BE (like having /var on a different zfs dataset)?